Falooda/ faluda is popular north Indian summer drink and I often make it when I have some guests coming over in summer. Also, this drink is very popular among the Parsi community in India. They make it during their new year celebration called Navroz.
The basic falooda can be made with 4 simple ingredients – milk, falooda /sabja /basil seed, falooda sev and flavoring of your choice. In below recipe, I’ve added a few more ingredients to make it interesting.
In Ahmedabad, we also get falooda ice cream, falooda kulfi. If you want to make falooda ice cream, take ice cream of your choice, I personally prefer vanilla or Malai flavor, top it with falooda sev, sabja seed, rose syrup, and some chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoon basil seed sabja seeds or falooda seeds
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk if making vegan, use any full-fat dairy free milk
- Handful falooda sev
- 2 tablespoons rose syrup
- 2 scoop vanilla ice cream if making vegan, use dairy free vanilla ice cream
- Few pistachios
- Strawberry jelly
- Soak basil seed in enough water for 30 minutes
- Make the falooda sev as per instructions on the package
- Take two glasses. Add spoonful of basil seeds to it.
- Add falooda sev on top
- Add some jelly
- Mix rose syrup in milk and pour milk
- Add a scoop of ice cream.
- Garnish with pistachios and jelly
- Serve immediately.